Stone Group International is a vertical integrated group of extraction, processing and distribution companies and one of the greatest white marble exporters in Europe. Its history spans nearly 4 decades of trusted collaborations in more than 80 countries across all continents. Its international activities are being supported by 5 top of the notch factories, located in Thessaloniki, Drama, Veria and Kavala and its 10 privately owned quarries, employing more than 650 employees.
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious professional, to cover the position of
as part of our Team in Kavalari – Thessaloniki.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The role reports to the Tiles & Mosaics Director and is located in Thessaloniki. You will be responsible for directing, coordinating all manufacturing activities (production, materials, quality control) and designing and monitoring the production plan in line with objectives in quality, deadlines, quantity and costs, while meeting shipping requirement and sales commitments. You will also manage the production teams and be responsible for the safety rules enforcement.
- Directs production and ensures cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards.
- Leads plant production and maintenance processes.
- Process owner for assigned area within the plant.
- Maintains plant property and equipment to ensure compliance of all plant operations with company policy and local regulations, with safety and environmental standards, securing effective / economical operations.
- Responsible for implementation of lean management in the facilities.
- Prepares and submits operating reports to management of current production status and makes recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provides direction, coaching and counseling to production and maintenance Team Members.
- Trains, develops, and motivates manufacturing staff to maintain plant operations.
- Works closely with Management Team to maintain a safe and highly efficient manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 7-13 years of experience (management experience in a manufacturing environment min 5 years) in an operational position within a plant (including project management).
- Demonstrated application of industrial engineering, lean, or continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in plant maintenance.
- Academic background in Engineering – MBA will be valued as add-on.
- Competent in identifying and following-up with key indicators.
- Excellent English skills (oral and writing).
- Superior communication and team building skills,
- Ability to transmit the know-how and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The company offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, outstanding career development training and advancement prospects within a dynamic organization, as well as the conditions to express and develop both expertise and business development capabilities, in a multi-disciplinary and rewarding work environment.